BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Would you like to become the “human” part of a Pet Therapy Team but don’t know how or where to start? We can help.
Therapy Dog Requirements
Does your animal know the basic sit, stay, and down commands? Does your animal know how to loose leash walk? If so, you’ve already started.
• Handlers must be 18 years of age and hold a current state-issued fingerprint clearance card.
• Your animal must be at least one year of age and have lived with you, the potential handler, for at least 8 months.
• Your animal must be reliably potty trained. Except for some exotic animals.
• Your animal must be up-to-date on all vaccines.
• Qualified animal: Dogs – cats – mini horses – mini donkeys -pigs – birds – rabbits – goats- alpacas- ball pythons- tortoises